This blog began when I road in the 2008 Scooter Cannonball Run, a coast to coast endurance event held every two years. I will be riding again in 2010! New Blog Coming Soon!


Monday, September 8, 2008

Getting to San Francisco

Matt and I loaded up the Vespa on the truck and took it to ForwardAir in Philadelphia for shipping a week/half before the event. It took them 3-4 days to move it to San Francisco. The cost to ship a motorcycle/scooter across country is $500-$700 (depending on fuel costs at time of booking).

I flew to San Fran on Virgin America out of Washington Dulles. First class was definitely worth the upgrade! The scooter was being shipped to a warehouse a few miles from the airport. It took about 2 hours for them to find my container and another 2-3 hours for me to reassemble the Vespa (mirrors, windshield, battery, fluids, etc).

The ride from the warehouse to the hotel in downtown/Fishermans Wharf was about 40 minutes with the scenic route. I have two full days to sightsee and complete some final preparations. My only planned excursion is the Alcatraz tour on Wednesday.


No comments:

David's Photo Feed - Most Recent Shots