This blog began when I road in the 2008 Scooter Cannonball Run, a coast to coast endurance event held every two years. I will be riding again in 2010! New Blog Coming Soon!


Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fort Scott!

I will post more when I get to St. Louis tonight. The ride across Kansas was really nice. I tried to get service a few places along the way for the tire. No luck.


We had a really great surprise for us in Fort Scott, Kansas. The folks here really rolled out the welcome mat. A letter welcoming us, a live local blue grass band last night, everyone in town was really nice. The bank even had their sign welcome us! I am staying at the Courtland Hotel - its 102 years old, always been a hotel. The husband/wife who own it are super nice. They hosted the life band and event last evening.




It was a nice way to relax and unwind after a few days of stressing over parking lot maintenance, lonely riding and hotel boredom.


More to come from St. Louis.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Thanks Dave! Great shots! I have a hankering now to race this in 2010. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Dave,

My brother Richard is on the Cannonball with you. I think you call him glassaye and he rides "Chuckie".

I just want you to know I really enjoy your blog. The pictures are fantastic. They make me want to get out there and see the good ole USA.

Your Blog site is very well done also.

Please keep it up.

Jerry in California

David's Photo Feed - Most Recent Shots